E-mail is electronic mail which is the message transmitted and also received by the digital computers through the web network. The email system is not a new concept to the internet because it has been there for several years but it has the new enhancements and features in every period. The email system actually allows the computer users to send the text messages, images or animated images, graphics and also sounds to some other users on the network.
How to send/receive an email?
On most of the networks, the data could be sent simultaneously to the world of users or to an individual or to the selected group of people. Each and every internet user usually has an electronic mailbox of their own in order to store, receive and manage their mails from the various other users. The recipients can choose to view, save, print, answer, edit, forward or also react to the communications.
Many currently available email systems have the most advanced features which alert the users to incoming messages or allow them to use the specialized privacy features. When it comes to the large institutions and corporations, they are using the email systems as a significant communication link between the employees, suppliers, customers and some other people allowed on the same networks. Email system is as well as available on the bulletin board systems and major public online systems which maintain the low cost or free global communication networks.
Understanding email systems:
The email is generally given by the mail servers which are all dedicated to the email messaging or by the suite of programs running on the server. When it comes to the email service, it is given through,
- The web hosting company
- The own email server of the company
- Popular third party suppliers like hotmail, Google (Gmail) and Yahoo
- The companies which are all specializing in the business email services such as usa.net, fastmail, jangomail etc.
The electronic mail is the exchange of the computer stored messages by the digital telecommunication. They are usually encoded in the ASCII text when sending or receiving the mails. But at the same time, the users will also be allowed to send the non-text files like images, graphical images, sound files and various other attachments in the binary streams. An email message can as well as be exchanged between the online service provider users and in the networks other than the worldwide internet both privately and publicly.
Similarly, the email can be sent to the individuals and also the list of people. When it comes to the shared distribution list, it can be effectively managed by using the specialized email reflector. Certain mailing lists usually allow you to subscribe by sending the request to the administrator of the mailing list. The mailing list which is involved in the automatic administration is known as a list server.
Different types of email service:
If you are considering the email service for your personal or commercial usage, there are actually 4 different types available such as,
- Web based email service – It operates just like the web page. Similarly, it is highly useful when the local ISP (Internet Service Provider) offers only the limited email service.
- IMAP email service – This type of email can be easily organized and filtered before retrieving from the server. It is using the IMAP and POP email protocols.
- POP email service – It stores the emails on the server and user can get back their data easily.
- Email forwarding service – It is just the program on an email server which redirects the emails automatically to the new email address.
Email is commonly in the html or text form allowing the attachments of the word, text, sound, graphic, video files as the standard service or with some other programs like high impact email, email effects, V3Mail and Scrippy. The best email services also offer different other features such as,
- Tools spam protection
- Spell checking
- Virus scanning
- Electronic address book
- Email formatting
From these features, an electronic data book is highly beneficial to store your email addresses for the future use.
Electronic mail is one of the protocols included with the TCP/IP which is also known as Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol. It is the most popular protocol to send the emails and there is also another famous email sending protocols named Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. In order to receive the emails, there is another popular protocol which is known as POP3. Both Microsoft and Netscape include an electronic mail (email) utility with their web browsers.
How the email servers work?
Every email message is nothing but the simple text along with the attachments like images, videos, audios or other types of files. Just similar to the data through the internet, an email is also broken into the smaller digital packets while sending from the sender to the receiver. Once a sender clicks on the send button, all the packages are probably uploaded to the central computer which is also known as the email server which hosts the common email service.
This electronic mail service then transmits the packets through the internet to the server that holds the recipient email service. This email server of a recipient looks for his mail id, locates it and also places the email on to the inbox. Then, the email client will reassemble the packets into the complete mail. The recipient logs into his/her email account and downloads the emails. When it comes to the email servers, they are generally using the two main protocols such as IMAP and POP3 to send and receive the emails. There are some of the considerable differences between these two protocols as follows.
- POP3 emails are actually not limited by the mail sizes as they have been locally stored on your computer. They are cheaper to support the email system because of the limited server storage space. If you want to switch the operating systems or email programs, they will make it somewhat difficult to send the emails.
- With IMAP protocol, the email servers can just able to download the emails again. With this popular email protocol, the drafts and sent mail are also uploaded to the email server. But it has the little slower speed to send/receive the messages because of the server based functions.
POP3 is very common protocol but the IMAP4 is the new protocol but too beneficial because of the advanced features.
Advancements in the email technology:
From the earlier days to still now, email or electronic mail continues to be the most widely and frequently used communication medium for all types of businesses and in all sectors. When considering the online marketing perspective, it has been shown that the email marketing easily enhances the social marketing by having conversations between two or more people or organizations.
- The role of the cloud technology in reasonably priced email bursts – Now days, from the small companies to the large organizations, every business professional is using the few thousands of emails in order to face the customers and all others necessary for their business. The advent of the cloud technology is definitely the greatest advancement in the email technology along with some of the necessary tools to make everything easier for you. If you are choosing the leading email infrastructure solution provider, you can get the on-demand computing arrangements with the huge cloud spaces.
- The move toward GDPR compliance – Any commercial organization doing the business in the EU will surely have to achieve the recognizable gold standard in the data protection. Thus, the email is the most widely used medium for the information exchange. Instead of looking at the GDPR as the difficulty or risk, most of the companies are making themselves strong with the best idea of looking at the silver lining.
- Cloud based email infrastructure pouring innovations – The traditional email infrastructure has the tough future ahead because now days the latest cloud based email infrastructure is used by the several numbers of email service providers as a layer of email technology with the rapid advancements and innovations.
- Email rendering inconsistency – Whenever you are in need of managing the consistent rendering of the professionally designed emails of the company, every email client has its very own method of rendering CSS and HTML. It also allows the marketers to include all the necessary interactive elements in their email to send any recipient.
- AI powered advanced segmentations – An idea of arranging the email recipients in the small and also highly touched segments and then the fine tuning the email campaign as per the characteristics of the group. It is not the new idea when it comes to the email technology. There are several numbers of the operational challenges for the marketers now on the network but everything can be easily and quickly rectified with the amazing AI powered advanced segmentations and new algorithms.
- Big data & the power of email – Big data is the very common buzzword for the businesses for many years. With the continuous advancements in the big data technology, it is rising prominently to get the maximum success for your email marketing campaigns. The different organizations are using the different email APIs in order to personalize the email marketing directly from their personal databases.
Components of the email system:
- Most of the email systems usually include the basic text editor in order to compose the messages but many of them also allow you to edit your messages using the existing editor you want.
- Some of those email systems will also give you the basic formatting including italics, bold, font color, font size, alignment of the text and html.
- You can make use of the program in order to send the email message to the recipient by mentioning his or her email address.
- You can also send the same email message to the several numbers of recipients at a time and it is known as broadcasting.
- The sent email messages are stored in the e-mail boxes until the recipient fetches them.
- In order to know whether you have any email from other senders or not, you should need to frequently check out your email box in the regular interval.
- Some of the email systems alert the users when any mail is received.
- Once you have read your mail, you can just save it in the inbox, forward it to one or more people or delete it as per your individual requirements.
As you will get such different kinds of features from the different email systems, you have to look for the existing options and pick the best one which suits you.
Email service given by online services and ISPs:
ISPs are nothing but the Internet Service Providers offering the email service to the users. Similarly, there are different online services available to provide you the same email services in the best manner. Most of the online services and ISPs support the gateways so that the users can able to easily exchange the mail even with the users of other email systems. Normally, it takes only a few seconds or minutes to arriving the email at the destination. Most of the internet service providers (ISPs) are now providing the fastest email sending and receiving service to send/receive the emails within a few seconds.
It is certainly the most effective way to easily communicate with the group because you can able to broadcast the message or any document to everyone even in the group at the similar time. Even though the different email systems online are using the various formats, there are some of the advanced standards which are making it greatly possible for the all email system users to exchange the messages. The most important and widely used email standard is MAPI. Some organizations are also using the CCITT standards which have developed the X.400 standard in order to provide the universal way of sending email messages.